Frequently Asked Questions
Copy of Fireweed Quote Banner.png
What are your specialities?
  • Perinatal & Postpartum Mood Disorders such as Anxiety, depression & obsessive compulsive disorder

  • Fertility challenges and Assisted Reproductive Technology

  • Pregnancy & pregnancy loss

  • Birth & postpartum adjustment

  • Body image & self esteem

  • Post-birth relationship/marital adjustment

  • Sibling adjustment after birth

  • General child behaviour support

  • Adoption, foster and kinship support

What training and credentials do you have?

I received my Master of Social Work with a Clinical Specialization from the University of Calgary. I am a Registered Social Worker in Alberta (ACSW No. 14970) and British Columbia (BCCSW No. 15582).


I have received training in a variety of therapeutic approaches by organizations. I am committed to continued professional development that ensures my skills reflect the latest knowledge of effective therapeutic approaches.


Examples of my trainings include:

  • Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Perinatal Mood Disorders 

  • Perinatal Grief & Loss 

  • Perinatal Mood & Anxiety Disorders 

  • Narrative Therapy Intensive 

  • Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy Basics 

  • Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Essentials 

  • Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (Centre for Suicide Prevention)

I am currently working towards a Perinatal Mental Health Certification through Postpartum Support International.

What is your professional background?

I have more than 10 years of professional and volunteer experience in the social work field serving individuals and families across Alberta. I have worked for organizations such as Homewood Health, Carya (formerly Calgary Family Services), Terra Centre for Teen Parents, Canadian Red Cross and Calgary Catholic Immigration Society. I completed my MSW practica at Calgary Counselling Centre and Stoney Education Authority.

Are you covered by my insurance? Do you offer direct billing?

Check with your health insurance provider to confirm if counselling from a Registered Social Worker (RSW) is eligible for reimbursement.

At this time, I am not able to provide direct billing. Upon completion of your counselling session and receipt of payment, you will be provided a receipt that can be submitted to your health insurance provider. 

Also note that Registered Social Workers are recognized by the Canada Revenue Agency as an approved medical expense for tax purposes.

How can we work together?

You can click the "book now" button at the top of the page to book your first session or click "lets chat" to set up a free 20 minute phone consultation.